- Visit the religious sites of King’s Memorial Chorten in the city, Tashi Chhoedzong fortress in the banks of Wang Chhu, and the Buddha Dordenma statue in the Thimphu District.
- Get the views of the majestic snow-capped mountains of Jhichu Drake and Jumolhari from the Dochu La pass at the elevation of 3,140m.
- Observe the beauty and the unique phallus objects and paintings in the Fertility Temple/ Chimi Lhakhang at the Metshina village.
- Visit the second oldest and second-largest Punakha Dzong situated between the confluence of Mo Chhu and Pho Chhu river in Punakha.
- Visit the Gangtey gompa to witness the Black Necked Crane Festival, celebrated with masked dances, folk songs, and drama skits.
- Observe the Black Necked Cranes flying to the high hills on the Phobjikha valley.
- Take a hike to the Crane Observation and Education Center, Semchubara, and Khewa Lhakhang through the Gangtey Nature Trail.
- Take a scenic drive from Gangtey to Paro crossing the high passes of Dochu La and Lawa La through pine and rhododendron-clad forests.
Bhutan Black Necked Crane Festival Tour is an invigorating trip that takes us to the major towns of Bhutan such as Thimphu, Punakha and Paro. Moreover, we take part in the celebration of the Black Necked Crane festival in Gangtey.
Bhutan Black-Necked Crane Annual Festival Tour (8 Days) is a refreshing tour itinerary that takes you to the major cities of Bhutan, such as Paro, Thimphu, Punakha, and Gangtey/Phobjikha. We take part in the celebration of the Black-Necked Crane annual festival in Phobjjijkha together with the locals, which let us experience the rich culture of Bhutan.
This festival is not only play an important role in preserving Bhutan’s rich culture and traditions but also provide devout Buddhists with an opportunity for prayer and pilgrimage. They reflect the richness of the Bhutanese cultural heritage and are very special in the eyes and hearts of both Bhutanese and tourists who visit Bhutan.