Sustainable Development Fee for Bhutan:
Tourists can book a package holiday to Bhutan through both International and Bhutanese local tour operators. The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
The minimum tariff for tourist visiting in a group of 1 persons or more are as follows:
High & Low Season SDF – US$ 200 per person per night (It has been changed from September 2022) after it, You have to pay travel company charges for extra essential things.
Other than Indian, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator (Amen Bhutan Tours and Treks), directly or through a foreign travel agent. Applications for tourist visas are submitted by the tour operator. Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan. Visa clearance takes at least 5 days to process. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance. At your point of entry the visa will be stamped in your passport on payment of US$20, two passport photos will also be required. Visas are issued for a 15day period; extensions can be obtained in Thimphu at a cost of Nu.510.
There are two main flights for Bhutan (Drukair & Bhutan Air). We Amen Bhutan Tours and Treks have GSA system of Flight Tickets. We can help out to issuing your ticket very easily from any of airlines place either from Nepal, India, Singapore or Bangkok. For issuing tickets we need your clear Passport copy and pre payment.
Tour Programmers booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
-within 21 days ~ 10% of rate
-within 14 days ~ 15% of rate
-within 7 days ~ 30% of rate
-less than 7 days or without notice ~ 50% of rate
-after arrival in Bhutan ~ 100%
there is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
Baggage Allowance in Flight:
Checked Baggage Allowance:
The checked baggage allowances on scheduled international flights are as follows:
- Business Class 40 kg (88 pounds)
- Economy Class 30 kg (66 pounds)
Infants: Infants paying only 10% of the applicable air fare are not entitled to any free baggage allowance.
The following Articles may be carried free of charge over and above the Free Baggage Allowance:
- A ladies handbag, pocket book or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and which is not being used as a container to carry articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat wrap or blanket
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
- Infants food for consumption in flighth and infants carrying basket
- An invalids fully collapsible wheelchair and/or crutches or other prosthetic devie for the passengers use provided the passenger is dependant on them
All other articles - such as flight bags, briefcases, typewriters, ladies vanity cases, large size cameras, etc - will be weighed and, if applicable, excess baggage charges will be levied.
Unchecked Baggage/cabin Baggage Special Regulations:
- Regulations issued by the Drukair Corporation stipulate that your cabin baggage must be placed in the over head bin. Therefore the overall dimensions are limited to 45 + 35 + 20 cm (17 + 13 + 8 inches). The weight must not exceed 5 kgs in Economy class and 7 kgs in Business class.
- These regulations shall ensure that the cabin baggage will not impede evacuation of aircraft cabin in case of emergency.
- Please consider this when packing your baggage and kindly ensure that any item exceeding the above limitations is sent as checked baggage.
- Spot checks will be performed during embarkation to ensure that these regulations are being followed.